It is currently Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 CPR's Clubhouse Top 40 of 2015 - What a year for Freestyle! 
Freestyle Disciple
Freestyle Disciple

Post CPR's Clubhouse Top 40 of 2015 - What a year for Freestyle!
https://soundcloud.com/cpr-jose-ortiz/c ... 5-part-one

Part one and two: https://www.mixcloud.com/cprsclubhouse/ ... t-1-and-2/

More than I could have hoped for. Incredible year.

Freestyle Forever :D

Fri, 01 Jan 2016 7:40 pm
Freestyle Disciple
Freestyle Disciple

Post Re: CPR's Clubhouse Top 40 of 2015 - What a year for Freesty
Unfortunately, CPR pushes a lot of "questionable" Freestyle. The whole pushing Angel Mena thing becomes pretty old, pretty fast. To each their own, I guess.

Fri, 29 Jul 2016 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Freestyle Advocate
Freestyle Advocate

The problem is that a majority of new freestyle releases today are questionable, so anyone who does a pure freestyle show featuring new school freestyle music is (and has been) pretty much forced to play questionable tracks. The only way to get around it is to either play the same few songs over and over and over again or have an extremely short show or do a show once every one or two months or add in other genres of music with the freestyle. For the past couple of years, I've turned towards adding in a lot of new UK 2 Step, Miami / Booty Bass, some Breaks and even Hip Hop with today's Freestyle so I could create complete shows without throwing in poorly produced songs or songs with horrendous vocals. (Certain Miami / Booty Bass tracks that I let slide may have questionable lyrics, but the vocals and musical production are always on point).

I've noticed since my "It's Over" post four years ago ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13294 ) that off key or poor quality vocals have become a huge trend in a majority of modern freestyle music, and 93% or more of various artist freestyle compilations from the past 6 years tend to have an average of maybe 3 fully well done produced freestyle tracks on it (with either the rest of the tracks being questionable or poorly produced, or other tracks being non-freestyle tracks). I believe that the bad vocals in many modern freestyle tracks have become so common that most freestyle fans (and artists and producers) today don't even notice it. It has caused many to become tone deaf.

Just to be clear, I should mention that a poorly produced freestyle track is not based on whether or not I or someone else personally like(s) the song. I'm basing it purely on how well the overall production of the track is. There can be songs that I dislike that are well done and properly produced.

Lastly, I'm not naming names or pointing fingers at any particular artists, producers, or people in this post. I am just speaking about modern freestyle music IN GENERAL. As always, I stick with this motto: Anyone who feels offended by anything I'm saying should ask themselves why they feel offended and change whatever things they're doing that make themselves feel as if I'm targeting them with my post (I have used no names in this post). In conclusion, if you feel some type of way when I talk about "questionable freestyle," then it's time to start creating or using music that you can feel fully confident about, regardless of what anyone thinks or says. Not everyone likes my (new school freestyle / bass) mixes or all the songs I use in them, but for the past few years I've ALWAYS been confident with the overall production quality of about 99% of the music I choose to play in my mixes.

Tue, 02 Aug 2016 8:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

joshuaedward wrote:
Unfortunately, CPR pushes a lot of "questionable" Freestyle. The whole pushing Angel Mena thing becomes pretty old, pretty fast. To each their own, I guess.

That first song, it's pretty bad.

FREE Freestyle Downloads
Sekreto's Mysapce

Sat, 29 Apr 2017 2:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]