It is currently Thu, 22 Feb 2018 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 dallastyle 
Freestyle Fan
Freestyle Fan

Post dallastyle
hello everone out there in the FREESTYLE world!!!! I'm tryin to bring out some freestyle, I have an old project that im just barely bringin out....I'd like to invite ya'll to come check it out. It's far from finished but keep checkin back

http://www.myspace.com/dallastyle06

i appreciate ya'lls time thanks again..

Mon, 27 Nov 2006 5:22 pm
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

can't wait to here the finished song

O§bY {8O)

Tue, 28 Nov 2006 4:21 am
Freestyle Fan
Freestyle Fan

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 4:59 pm
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Well hopefully you'll apppreciate this more then... 'cause i was just being polite

i mean... well.. ok.. the only thing i really like is the polyrhythmic intro tbh 'cause it kinda promises a Dope song

but everything like kinda falls apart to me as soon as the sing starts.. that double vocal kinda makes everything off key... the singing is pretty monotone & lifeless anyway & it gets reeeeeally nasally @ some parts.. i mean.. i know it's Texas & y';all got that nasal twang thing, I dunno...

also, it would be nice to hear like some chord/ octave changes... I mean.. i hear like you lil drum fillin's & stuff & like the other instruments that come in and out... but there's no real like definition of where the verse ends & the chorus/ hook starts (musically or singingwise)

in my taste.. the bpm's of the song is like reeeeeeeally slow.. i mean.. it sounds like you're at around 120-122? I dunno.. i guess i just like my stuff fast @ like 128-133ish w/ breaks & freestyle.. I mean.. I do like alota the slower freestyle tunes out there, but lol, to me this would sound better @ a faster bpm 'cause the speed it's @ now w/ the music that playing kinda drags

but you said this is an old project, so i'm assuming that means that you'll be working on this more & it'll be better that what it is now :) So yeah.. i do look forward to hearing it again after you polish it up :)

Good Luck :)

O§bY {8O)

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 5:58 pm
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

I mean.. like seriously.. i ain't tryin' to clown.. i'm not.. i'm just giving my opioion :)

O§bY {8O)

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 6:04 pm
Freestyle Fan
Freestyle Fan

oh yeah..naw bro...thats exactly what im lookin for....yeah but this aint no metropolitan/tazmania production work, know what im sayin...this is like production work at its ghettoist...and as for the singin...im not really tryin to sing it all upbeat....its like more on the depressed guy kinda tip, cause if you listen to the lyrics i thought the sound i brought would more fit it..it's a sad song and i was tryin to bring out the meaning of the lyrics with the lifelessnes of the vocals. like in the beginin.."somebody wake me!", dude is like where the f am i, i made a mistake! so hopefully that explains that. but yeah bro...i dont consider myself havin a great voice but in future projects you'll hear a more upbeat more alive sound from me. but hey i really do appreciate your input and i am glady gonna take it...thanks for your time

Thu, 30 Nov 2006 5:27 pm
Freestyle Advocate
Freestyle Advocate

this aint no metropolitan/tazmania production work, know what im sayin...this is like production work at its ghettoist...

Some of Freestyle's greatest productions were done in someone's bedroom. :wink:

SoundCloudTwitterFacebookRSE Website

Fri, 01 Dec 2006 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Freestyle Advocate
Freestyle Advocate

dallastyle wrote:
this aint no metropolitan/tazmania production work, know what im sayin...this is like production work at its ghettoist...

I know I make my best work in my bedroom, the backseat of my car, motel rooms, the beach.

NYC Guardian Angels 4 life.....Kenny Guido & Carlos Berrios

Fri, 01 Dec 2006 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

dallastyle wrote:

Carlos Berrios actually does all his stuff in his apartment & i mean.. i dunno if this still is, but his vocal booth was in the Kitchen :)

O§bY {8O)

Fri, 01 Dec 2006 4:11 pm
Freestyle Advocate
Freestyle Advocate

Possibly airing tonight on the TGIX Friday Night Mixshow is the remiXed version of this song.

http://www.dofch.com or whatchamissin.com. Show starts @ 5pm, PST.

DJ Dee X-Man :twisted:

Fri, 29 Dec 2006 5:17 pm
Freestyle Fan
Freestyle Fan

Post Re: dallastyle
I think it sound cool...unique...and way different from other freestyle music. Keep it up Dallastyle and hope to see you bringing some good artists with good music like Antonio velasquez including yourself. I actually likes Forever Gone...can't wait to hear the complete track.

Wed, 01 Feb 2012 5:41 pm
Freestyle Disciple
Freestyle Disciple

Post Re: dallastyle
Hey there. I listened to "Another time, Another place." I found it to be a good "start", but I would agree with the overall feedback shared here. Having said that, you certainly have an understanding of arranging a track. I think as you share more and allow people to provide feedback (which is a gift), you'll get better and better.

Regarding the comments about bedroom productions - there is a big difference from making an awesome track in your bedroom and making a track that sounds like it came from your bedroom.

Keep it up. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Wed, 01 Feb 2012 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]