It is currently Fri, 19 Jan 2018 10:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 I Played with HTC's Evo 
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

Post I Played with HTC's Evo
Last night Public Enemy's DJ Johnny Juice let me play around with his HTC Evo phone and wow! That thing is badass! The OS is a Android based, but that thing is hella fast... big screen and has two cameras... pretty nice phone

FREE Freestyle Downloads
Sekreto's Mysapce

Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: I Played with HTC's Evo
And half the battery life of your Nexus One. ;)

Besides, next week the Droid II will be the hot Android phone. Then the Incredibler, then the Nexus Two, then the Evomo and the R2D2, all running different versions of Android 2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2.5 and 2.3, with certain apps running only on certain models. Then there's August. Hooray! :lol: :P

I guess it's fun to watch how fast these devices are progressing. But until they include a compact mass spectrometer and EM/heat detectors, it's all fluff. That's right, I want a Tricorder.

Sun, 04 Jul 2010 1:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

For the 5 minutes that I played around with his phone, It looks like a nice phone. I love how we now have hella phones that do hella things... jaja My Nexus One's battery life is about 7 to 8 hours in use... Cant tell you what the standby time is on my Nexus One because it's never been on standby jajaja

Alls im saying is that all these high tech phones are very very cool!! To me it seemed like it was faster than my Nexus One but im not sure....

Chuck has a iphone btw

FREE Freestyle Downloads
Sekreto's Mysapce

Sun, 04 Jul 2010 2:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

You know what, I just ran into that problem. I was talking to someone about a app called "Visual Voicemail" I tried to install the App on her phone and on my Nexus One I can use it for FREE, on her Android phone, she can download it for free no problem, but once I installed it into her phone it gives me a message that she has to contact her phone provider and purchase the feature.... so its blocked for her by her cell phone provider.

FREE Freestyle Downloads
Sekreto's Mysapce

Sun, 04 Jul 2010 8:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's two different styles of handling things. Some say Apple is too curated, but there is a benefit to solid standards. More and more developers are starting to call the Android market "the Wild West" because of loose standards and even some illegal apps in the store. Other devs complain that it takes too long to post minor updates to iOS apps which were already approved. Good and bad for both.

My personal take is the same as with the Mac: I care about my work. I don't want to be forced to care about my machine when I'm doing my work. Make it simply good. Sometimes, that's hard to explain to people who just check email and browse the web. But I see the iPad is handling that ok. :)

Sun, 04 Jul 2010 9:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Disciple
Freestyle Disciple

Daniel wrote:
You know what, I just ran into that problem. I was talking to someone about a app called "Visual Voicemail" I tried to install the App on her phone and on my Nexus One I can use it for FREE, on her Android phone, she can download it for free no problem, but once I installed it into her phone it gives me a message that she has to contact her phone provider and purchase the feature.... so its blocked for her by her cell phone provider.

If you're talking about T-Mobile, I've worked for them for over 10 years. I handle content our Community, covering a wide ranged of topics---one of those being basic troubleshooting. You do need the VVM feature in order to use the service, but if you have an Android feature, it should already be bundled. A simple call should fix this.

Tue, 03 Jan 2012 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]