It is currently Sun, 21 Jan 2018 1:46 am

Forum rules

Please include the date, time of day, location, and full street address where possible. Tip: Subscribe to this forum to get email alerts.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 6/11/ Freestyle Explosion with Hot92.3 In Los Angeles 
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

Post 6/11/ Freestyle Explosion with Hot92.3 In Los Angeles
Line up: Exposé, Lisa Lisa, The Cover Girls, Shannon, Debbie Deb, Johnny O, Cynthia, Connie and Stacey Q

Read more: http://www.hot923.com/pages/freestyle/#ixzz1LgCSM8Ri

FREE Freestyle Downloads
Sekreto's Mysapce

Sat, 07 May 2011 8:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Post Re: 6/11/ Freestyle Explosion with Hot92.3 In Los Angeles
Daniel wrote:
Line up: Exposé, Lisa Lisa, The Cover Girls, Shannon, Debbie Deb, Johnny O, Cynthia, Connie and Stacey Q

Read more: http://www.hot923.com/pages/freestyle/#ixzz1LgCSM8Ri

What about san jose area north cali..why are we always ignored??????????????People forget we are the ones who were putting all the popular new school Freestyle out..and Still San Jose area has not put out a freestyle explosion in years!

Sat, 07 May 2011 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Frankie, it's actually pretty strange. When I was touring with Stevie, we'd do show after show in the NY and LA areas, and people would always come out. But here in the Bay Area, we'd do one great one, and then it's like everyone saw us already. Very poor turnout.

I don't know if it's just smaller fan-base, or if people here are busy with other things, or if the bay doesn't have as many surrounding urban areas, or what. But I can understand how promoters want to be very careful before putting their money on the line.

Sun, 08 May 2011 1:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

The Freestyle Explosion concert I went to in 2007 was pretty packed.

I didn't go to the following one because of the crappy (non-freestyle) lineup. I don't know what the turnout was for that one but if there were enough people that shared my opinion about who was performing, then it's probably the promoter's fault for not having a group of performers that the audience was hoping to see.

Now, it looks like we'd have to drive quite a long way to see another concert. You'd have to be real real hardcore to want to do that.

Sun, 08 May 2011 10:22 am
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

To be honest with you. That line up isnt one that gets me going. My friend Sal Rojas who owns brownpride.com has never been to a Freestyle concert and wants to go to this one. The Montello line up just a few weeks ago was way better than this one for my taste. But still, I might, just might go.

FREE Freestyle Downloads
Sekreto's Mysapce

Sun, 08 May 2011 10:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

If I lived in LA, I'd definitely go just to see Exposé. Those ladies can sing!

Sun, 08 May 2011 11:17 am
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

If I go, it would be for Expose, The Cover Girls and Lisa Lisa. But the tickets are pricey. But I might still go - who knows?

FREE Freestyle Downloads
Sekreto's Mysapce

Sun, 08 May 2011 11:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Quixotic wrote:
The Freestyle Explosion concert I went to in 2007 was pretty packed.

I didn't go to the following one because of the crappy (non-freestyle) lineup. I don't know what the turnout was for that one but if there were enough people that shared my opinion about who was performing, then it's probably the promoter's fault for not having a group of performers that the audience was hoping to see.

Now, it looks like we'd have to drive quite a long way to see another concert. You'd have to be real real hardcore to want to do that.

I have to agree,the performers they add in the bay area suck, they are not Freestyle artists..the last two only had two freestyle acts??????????I did not show up to those ones, because of the lack of Freestyle ..HipHOP/R&B is not the same as a Freestyle dance artists, I will never drive/fly/or go that far for any concert..unless i am meeting everyone.

Sun, 08 May 2011 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Glenn Gutierrez wrote:
Frankie, it's actually pretty strange. When I was touring with Stevie, we'd do show after show in the NY and LA areas, and people would always come out. But here in the Bay Area, we'd do one great one, and then it's like everyone saw us already. Very poor turnout.

I don't know if it's just smaller fan-base, or if people here are busy with other things, or if the bay doesn't have as many surrounding urban areas, or what. But I can understand how promoters want to be very careful before putting their money on the line.

They should have smaller venue, like Shoreline in mt view or smaller venue in san jose.The poor turn out could be because of artists line up, mostly no Freestyle dance artists, the last two hardly had any it was all Rap/HipHop crap.
I already seen all artists over & over from that line up, but its all freestye and I still go..I love Stacey Q and it be good to see Cynthia etc They do need to add more rare like Safire, Brenda K Starr, Judy Torres,Angelina, Rockell,India, Joee, etc.. And Lil'Suzy/SAL Project should always try to be added.I think the Bay area just needs to start all over with smaller venues, we do have clubs that artists new school & old school still perform with decent turn outs..those crowds will love a concert like this.

Last edited by frankie on Sun, 08 May 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun, 08 May 2011 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Quixotic wrote:
If I lived in LA, I'd definitely go just to see Exposé. Those ladies can sing!
The same, if i lived there I go for Stacey Q, Cynthia,Lisa Lisa and Shannon.If its the new Cover Girls I skip performance for beer LOL I did that at one show, its like The Supremes without Diana Ross LOL Angel will always be the Diana Ross of "The Cover Girls"..she is the original Cover Girl..Her voice is what made The Cover Girls famous.I say skip the the new Karoke Cover Girls Lol But I do Love Expose Gioia,Ann, and Jeanette the true Expose.

Sun, 08 May 2011 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

frankie wrote:
Glenn Gutierrez wrote:

They should have smaller venue, like Shoreline in mt view or smaller venue in san jose.The poor turn out could be because of artists line up, mostly no Freestyle dance artists, the last two hardly had any it was all Rap/HipHop crap.
I already seen all artists over & over from that line up, but its all freestye and I still go..I love Stacey Q and it be good to see Cynthia etc They do need to add more rare like Safire, Brenda K Starr, Judy Torres,Angelina, Rockell,India, Joee, etc.. And Lil'Suzy/SAL Project should always try to be added.I think the Bay area just needs to start all over with smaller venues, we do have clubs that artists new school & old school still perform with decent turn outs..those crowds will love a concert like this.

You missed the part where I said "When I was touring with Stevie." These weren't the big clearing-house shows, these were personal, 1-3 artist shows (or just us). Same story. The attention span here in the Bay Area just does not support more than x number of shows in a certain period of time. "I already seen" indeed.

Sun, 08 May 2011 3:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

I would also like to add that up in Northern Cali there are smaller club shows all the time. You can find a club having a Freestyle artist between 2 to 3 times a month up north. Something that doesn't happen to often here in Southern California.

I also stay in touch with some of the promoters in North Cal, and between flights, hotel, food, local transportation and the artists fees and so called Freestyle "Fans" not showing up to the local shows, they don't make their money back. So, until Freestyle "Fans" show support they will continue to add a cost effective classic artist to the line up to attract the folks that would come and and spend money on a show and having a good time.

I am fan of both Freestyle and Rap Music, but I totally understand the feeling to what to go to a all Freestyle line up, specially when it's called "Freestyle Explosion". That is in the same way that someone who paid money to go Rock The Bells festival doesn't expect to see Lady Gaga or a Freestyle artist for that matter.

FREE Freestyle Downloads
Sekreto's Mysapce

Sun, 08 May 2011 3:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Maybe a lot of people dont like clubs as much..the amount of money to get in,over priced drinks and having to dress up.I try to bo to clubs when have money,i have pics on facebook but finding what to wear,anyone to go with..is a pain.Thats why I mention small venue..so everyone can go of all ages and not to worry about club rules ..The last freestyle explosion I went to,there was kids,family,teens,everyone..and it was great seeing kids buying cds of Stacey Q etc and waiting for signings of Stevie B,Expose etc..that was probably around 4 years ago.

Sun, 08 May 2011 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]