It is currently Sun, 21 Jan 2018 7:40 pm

Forum rules

Please include the date, time of day, location, and full street address where possible. Tip: Subscribe to this forum to get email alerts.

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 San Jose Summer Soul 7/23 - 24 w/Stevie B and Angelina 
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

Post San Jose Summer Soul 7/23 - 24 w/Stevie B and Angelina
anyone here going to this? thinking of flying down to san jose for it

http://sanjosesummersoul.com/home

Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:12 pm
Profile YIM
Freestyle Advocate
Freestyle Advocate

Post Re: San Jose Summer Soul 7/23 - 24 w/Stevie B and Angelina
And the cover girls.*

Overall, good line-up. Fill us in if you do go,hazel.

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 8:19 pm
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

youswearfoo wrote:
And the cover girls.*

Overall, good line-up. Fill us in if you do go,hazel.

LOL The Karokee Cover Girls LOL..Funny, the site talks about them and acts like those three new chicks made The Cover Girls songs famous, None of those chicks made any Cover Girls songs or Videos famous, They just use the Cover girls ..they are a cover group..They should put The NEW Cover Girls song annd sing what they made famous..which is NOTHING!!!The only thing I see intertesting in the line up is Stevie B, Angelina, and Spanish Fly so far..the site will add more to line up later..Hopefully some Real Freestye artists.

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Freestyle Advocate
Freestyle Advocate

I believe they said its a 'Soul Fest' not 'Freestyle Explosion'. The line-up is not as cohesive as the event title gives off. However, the line-up is worth the money.

Mon, 11 Jul 2011 5:13 pm
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

I know It says Soul Fest but I hardly see any I like, thats why I hope they add more Freestyle artists or artists like Amanda Perez etc

Mon, 11 Jul 2011 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

haha oops - just posted another thread on the same topic :P dear admin - please delete other thread lol

but anywho, already booked my flight for san jose next weekend, so YES i'll be there :)

btw - anyone know of any decent (as in clean and not too pricey) hotels in the down town san jose area?

Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:23 am
Profile YIM
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

blah-blah-blah lol i love angel and all, but girl needs to put all that behind her and start recording new music and making a name for herself as a solo artist. she has the vocal chops to stand strong on her own and do new things, she just needs to drop all that old baggage and leave it in the past. and like it or not, the cover girls of today are contributing to keep the genre alive by bringing back the classics for today's new generation of fans whether people like it/them or not. they need to record some new songs as well. just my two cents.

but anywho moving on - hey, foo - you going? text me if you do - don't think i have your number on my phone anymore lol

frankie wrote:
LOL The Karokee Cover Girls LOL..Funny, the site talks about them and acts like those three new chicks made The Cover Girls songs famous, None of those chicks made any Cover Girls songs or Videos famous, They just use the Cover girls ..they are a cover group..They should put The NEW Cover Girls song annd sing what they made famous..which is NOTHING!!!The only thing I see intertesting in the line up is Stevie B, Angelina, and Spanish Fly so far..the site will add more to line up later..Hopefully some Real Freestye artists.

Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:30 am
Profile YIM
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

shannon and johnny o are now on the roster as well

Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:31 am
Profile YIM
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Haze,remember when Angel did her solo project..did you guys supprt it ..no!She needs to make a living like everyone else,so I do not agree with you,sorry im not in the mood for karokee Lol Its great Johnny O and Shannon are added..maybe my girl Safire and someone else I like will be.added,unsure how much it is for event,or exactly were its at,i better mapquest it,this event sounds better than the last two freestyle explosions over here,and I sure miss the freestyle explosions of early 2000's..those were the best in the bay area.

Tue, 12 Jul 2011 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

frankie wrote:
Haze,remember when Angel did her solo project..did you guys supprt it ..no!She needs to make a living like everyone else,so I do not agree with you,sorry im not in the mood for karokee Lol Its great Johnny O and Shannon are added..maybe my girl Safire and someone else I like will be.added,unsure how much it is for event,or exactly were its at,i better mapquest it,this event sounds better than the last two freestyle explosions over here,and I sure miss the freestyle explosions of early 2000's..those were the best in the bay area.

please don't claim to know who or what i support or don't support, frankie - it just makes you look like an ass when you do. :shake: for your information - and not that i need to make a point of saying it, but i did buy angel's solo materials. was disappointed when it didn't make it as far as it did, but in my opinion she should've kept going with it and continued going forward.

Tue, 12 Jul 2011 6:21 pm
Profile YIM
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

In most cases,she did not get the support,im with Angel on this..I say perform and still play songs u made famous,f###k the.haterz! I stand what I say ..as always ;) People gotta make a living,No One is.buying cds anymore,dumb ass!!

Tue, 12 Jul 2011 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

wow, i hope you're not stooping so low as to call me (or other fans of the genre) names - but whatever, it's hard to take someone calling someone a "dumb ass" seriously when their dumb ass can't even spell the word "bought" right (along with a lot of other simple words a 7 year old can spell without even thinking about it). and technically you hating on the new cover girls makes you a hater, so i guess you can eff yourself as well, right? lol ;) oh, and one more thing btw, the word is "karaoke" but i guess you wouldn't have known that :p

anyhow, back to the topic on hand - anyone going to the event? pm me if you are, would love to meet up. not sure if i'll be going on both days, but definitely will be going on saturday.

Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:46 pm
Profile YIM
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Haze wrote:
wow, i hope you're not stooping so low as to call me (or other fans of the genre) names - but whatever, it's hard to take someone calling someone a "dumb ass" seriously when their dumb ass can't even spell the word "bought" right (along with a lot of other simple words a 7 year old can spell without even thinking about it). and technically you hating on the new cover girls makes you a hater, so i guess you can eff yourself as well, right? lol ;) oh, and one more thing btw, the word is "karaoke" but i guess you wouldn't have known that :p

anyhow, back to the topic on hand - anyone going to the event? pm me if you are, would love to meet up. not sure if i'll be going on both days, but definitely will be going on saturday.

Oh I spelled wrong LOL Like Biaa**** LOL I call like I see it dumb ass!

Last edited by frankie on Wed, 13 Jul 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

Btw I will be there ;) Lol

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:23 am
Profile WWW
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

lol frankie - i swear, dealing with you is like dealing w/teabaggers - often times annoying, yet slightly amusing; hard to take seriously because they contradict themselves, awful use of grammar and spelling - and just can't help but feel sorry from them because of the aforementioned :lol: thanks for the laughs, little man!

Mon, 18 Jul 2011 10:14 am
Profile YIM
Freestyle Fan
Freestyle Fan

SquirrelBOY here, anyone remember me? I'm back from the dead! :lol:

Wed, 20 Jul 2011 6:09 pm
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

ERIC wrote:
SquirrelBOY here, anyone remember me? I'm back from the dead! :lol:
hi eric,maybe I see u downtown at show,unsure what days I will be going.

Thu, 21 Jul 2011 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Freestyle Genius
Freestyle Genius

sup, eric!

here's the weekend line up in case anyone wants - looks like sunday's the day to go.

SATURDAY:

All The Way Live
Mango Kingz
Vic Da Baron
Tessa Evans
Baby Jaymes
Mimi
Jimmie Reign
ROD
Frinly The Chosen
All The Way Live
Spanish Fly
Angelina
Netta Brielle
Dwele
Norman Carter of Delfonics
Sly Slick & Wicked

SUNDAY:

All the Way live
Lilan Kane
Dino
Ama Evolution
All The Way Live
Baby Jaymes
Spanish Fly
Angelina
Shannon
Cover Girls
Stevie B
MuthaFunkers
Norman Carter of Delfonics
Evelyn Champagne King
Rose Royce

Thu, 21 Jul 2011 5:55 pm
Profile YIM
Freestyle Fan
Freestyle Fan

Sunday would be best for me. Saturday I'm gonna party with Haze at her hotel. :hehe:

Hey, Frankie did you change you number?

Thu, 21 Jul 2011 6:24 pm
Freestyle Guru
Freestyle Guru

I plan to go sunday too,it has most freestyle..im broke so cant afford both days.Eric,I think it same number from before, but i will text you.

Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next